Packages don't show-up in the gallery

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I set-up a local gallery following the instruction provided in the documentation. I was able to successfully set-up the site ,the gallery server and upload packages. But the uploaded package doesn’t show in the site. I checked the database, the entries are there but it doesn't show-up in search and in my contribution pages. Both pages are always empty. Any help you can provide to fix this would be very helpful.

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I'm experiencing exactly the same behaviour - everything is set up as expected - packages can be uploaded and are visible from calling the odata service - but are just not visible from the gallery. Have to say I'm finding this whole solution rather flaky and rather frustrating.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Yes, I'm experiencing this too. I can add that these packages ARE installable via the Visual Studio extension and the nuget command line executable.

The issue applies for all packages I upload, regardless of whether this is via the web application's built-in uploader, or nuget.exe push.

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I raised this issue on the main Nuget  discussion list, and have been told by @pranavkm that the NuGet Gallery is in the midst of some major changes, and the new codebase can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/NuGet/NuGetGallery/.  I'm guessing that explains the lack of recent activity on this project here on Codeplex!

I've downloaded the version over on GitHub and this issue seems to have been resolved. :-)